<b>Soak up your tears with these sweet memories.</b> Warning: Spoilers ahead.
Parks and Recreation is ending tonight, and as we gather 5,000 candles in its honor, it’s time to reminisce.
We’re not crying, OK?! We’re allergic to series finales.
Here are some of the best running jokes throughout the show’s seven seasons.
2. Ben’s relentless love for calzones.
Because pizza is your grandfather’s calzone.
3. Leslie’s colorful compliments.
Vulture compiled all of Leslie’s terminology into one wonderful list so we can never forget ones like “Ann, you cunning, pliable, chestnut-haired sunfish.”
4. Ron’s love of breakfast food…
Strippers do nothing for him, but he will take a free buffet anytime, anyplace.
5. …and all things meat.
When he eats, it’s the food that’s scared of him. He even had a food truck name a bacon-wrapped turkey leg after him.
6. Tom’s endless entrepreneurial ideas.
Read more than two dozen of them at Vulture, or watch a supercut of all of them.
7. Leslie’s adoration of waffles.
“We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third.” —Leslie Knope, philosopher/tropical butterfly
8. And her admiration of Ben’s butt.
Sometimes she even talks to it independently.
9. Her run-ins with Councilman Howser at the worst possible times.
Like when she was chanting “Knope rules, Jamm sucks!” into a megaphone.
And his cheery demeanor.
12. Ben repeatedly accepting and quitting his accounting job.
And his boss Barney’s overjoyed face whenever Ben cracks a joke.
13. And the firm’s undying love for him despite his departures.
You can always ac-count on him because it won’t be too tax-ing.
14. Pawnee City Hall’s offensive murals.
Its history is a bit…gruesome.
16. The incompetent animal control team.
We’ll miss you dearly, Harris Wittels.
17. And Pawnee’s subsequent raccoon problem.
It’s so bad that the city established the Raccoon Eradication Initiative.
18. The town’s reliance on AltaVista.
The search engine is so old, it’s not even around anymore.
19. April’s dislike of any kind of affection.
(Except for Andy, of course.)
20. And Leslie’s distaste for the city’s librarians.
They’re extremely well-read, which makes them very dangerous.
21. The whirlwind that is Joan Callamezzo.
Where can we get a copy of her book, Game of Joans?
22. Ron’s giddiness over riddles.
He’s really, really good at scavenger hunts, probably because he hides survival gear and gold all over town.
23. Pawnee vs. Eagleton.
They think they’re so much better with their clean parks and cupcake factory that makes the air smell like vanilla.
24. Jean-Ralphio and Mona Lisa singing.
Because they’re the wooOooorst.
25. Perd Hapley’s literal interpretations of everything.
“Let’s begin the show by starting it.”
27. Li’l Sebastian, Pawnee’s famous miniature horse.
Whose celebrity was beautifully encapsulated with Ginuwine’s tribute.
28. Treat yoself.
Because we could all learn something from Tom and Donna’s annual day of luxury.
What’s your favorite? Tell us below, and we will all group-hug.
And check out our interview with Parks co-creator Michael Schur about Gryzzl, Ron and Leslie, and the last days on set.
Read more: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kasiagalazka/the-low-cal-calzone-zone