</div> </div> <div class="content"> <h3>Kids hear the word "no" a million times a day.</h3> Children are still learning how to interact with the world, and as such, there are some things that they can't or shouldn't do. Naturally, we tell them "no," but now, some child psychologists and behaviorists warn that kids who hear the word too often can develop a negative outlook.
However, this doesn’t mean that children should be allowed to run wild. Here are some tips from experts that you can use to foster positive parenting interactions with your child.
1. Use positive terms to respond to questions.
Phrase responses so that you’re telling children what they can do instead of what they can’t do. Say that they can play later or have one cookie instead of giving them an outright “no.”
2. Talk about what you’re feeling.
Instead of just saying “stop” or “no,” explain why you don’t like something in age-appropriate terms. Tell them that it hurts when they hit you or that the noise they’re making affects your concentration. This kind of dialogue helps develop kids’ empathy for others.
3. Give kids a choice between two things that they can do.
Instead of saying, “No bouncing the ball in the house,” provide a choice between two other locations. “You can bounce the ball in the backyard or in the driveway. Which would you like?” This often stops kids from responding in a rebellious way.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/saying-no-to-kids/
- AnthonyCody RT StevenSinger3: 90% of kids go to public schools. Fully fund them. Don’t siphon off $……… https://t.co/CM1yahsPOy
- AnthonyCody RT StevenSinger3: 90% of kids go to public schools. Fully fund them. Don’t siphon off……………………………………… https://t.co/ng8oDWrEgC
- #ednews DianeRavitch– RT StevenSinger3: In America, rich kids get taught; poor kids get… http://ift.tt/1VCB9ze https://t.co/0R6ieO9Rni
- #ednews DianeRavitch– RT StevenSinger3: In America, rich kids get taught; poor kids get… http://ift.tt/1SoXRWq https://t.co/9vviSde8O5
Some Child Psychologists Say You Should Stop Telling Your Kids “No”…Is This Going Too Far?
- Qraftsy 48 Pack X Large Paisley 100% Cotton Double Sided Bandanas 27 x 27 inches – Bulk Wholesa…
- SHANY Slim Eyeliner Pencil Set – 24 Highly-Pigmented and Long-Lasting Eye Pencils in Matte and…
- Kid’s Halloween Novelty Slipper Socks with Non-Slip Grip for $14
- BackOSage 8-in-1 Decompression Massage Belt for $112
- Carbon SnoreX 8-in-1 Cooling Pillow for $54
- ViraShield Portable Personal Protection Pod for $69
- Feel Flux Klaus Pro Model + Magnet Shield Bundle for $109
- Aura Biometric Smartlock + WiFi Gateway for $159
- Touchless Automatic Sanitizer Sprayer (Green) for $44
- The Smart Business Blueprint Starter Bundle for $49