BERKELEY — Gleam Car Wash now open at 4895 W. 38th Ave. in Denver’s bustling Berkeley neighborhood. Gleam will use state-of-the-art equipment to be a market leader in environmentally sensitive practices while offering the most effective and efficient car wash and detailing services in Denver.
Rob Madrid, Gleam co-founder, said “I’ve been in the business of washing cars for over a decade. Gleam is going to brush off the image of car washes as dirty, smelly places you can’t wait to escape.” Gleam’s 135 foot tunnel can wash a car in about three minutes. Exterior washes will start at $ 6 and a full range of exterior and interior services performed by Gleam staff will be available for additional cost. Gleam’s owners expect to clean at least 120,000 cars per year.
As part of its mission to be Colorado’s greenest car wash, Gleam will:
- Use 85% less drinkable water than a do-it-yourself spray wash or washing at home with a hose;
- Use less than 15 gallons of drinkable water per wash;
- Reclaim up to 90% of all water it uses and treat 100% of that;
- Include up to 100kW of solar power, offsetting its energy needs by over 20%;
- Provide a charging station for electric cars being detailed.
Gleam will give back to the local community by:
- Donating $ 1 of its top-end Gleam Interior to Groundwork Denver (www.groundworkdenver.org) or and $ 1 of its top-end Exterior Total to Children’s Hospital Colorado;
- Offering unique fundraising opportunities for neighborhood efforts.
- Gleam will provide a range of employment opportunities for around 45 people. Gleam is committed to offering employment to everybody, including people with disabilities, refugees and others from harder-to-employ backgrounds. Gleam is partnering with nonprofit and government agencies to assist with this mission. The Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation is assisting Gleam in recruiting, training and hiring individuals on the autism spectrum.
Gleam Car Wash | 4895 W. 38th Ave. | www.gleamcarwash.com
The post Greenest Car Wash in Colorado appeared first on North Denver Tribune.