<b>Sometimes you just have to take a second for a little “me time.”</b>
Meditation can be a super quick and easy solution to ease anxiety and calm yourself in any situation.
I recently took an intensive six-week mediation course with psychic and energy healer Kris Cahill to learn how to soothe my anxiety issues.
Throughout her Meditation 1 class, students learn how to “become centered and focused, feel more relaxed while also feeling more energized, learn about being in present time.” Basically, she teaches you how to deal with anxiety and how to prevent bad thoughts from taking over your mind.
Here’s what I learned:
1. First, get into the calming state of mind by playing some relaxing music.
2. Be sure to sit on an upright chair and put your feet firmly on the floor.
This way you’ll be able to take in ~new energy~ evenly.
3. Be sure to sit up straight rather than slumped over.
4. Avoid crossing your arms and lay both of your palms face up on your legs. You’re now ready to get into your mediation.
Now close your eyes, and you’re ready to get into your meditation.
5. Start by breathing slowly and deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth. Then picture having a cord connected to your tailbone that goes all the way to the center of the Earth.
This is called your “grounding cord,” and it’s what connects you to the Earth and new energy. Slowly picture it widening into your entire seat. Your grounding cord can look like anything, as long as it’s a color or pattern that comforts you or makes you feel serene. There’s no right or wrong way it should look.
The grounding cord is basically your highway for exchanging bad energy for good energy. Imagine it bringing you new energy from the Earth and simultaneously pushing out your old energy.
6. Now that you’re in your meditative state, picture anything that’s been stressing you out leaving your body with every exhale.
By entering the “center of your head,” you should picture waving good-bye to all your “bad energy,” whether it be relationship problems, work, or financial issues.
7. Now picture your “aura,” or your personal space around you, and acknowledge what color you want it to be.
Your aura is a field of energy around your entire body. Picture your aura as a protective bubble around you that starts 1 to 3 feet away from your body. You might naturally see a color take over your aura, and it can mean anything from security to self-love. There’s not really any bad color.
Your aura tends to take on energy from others, whether it be their worries or even happiness. By pushing out all your old energy, you’re cleansing and refreshing your own aura.
8. Finally, imagine a giant golden sun is above you, and it’s slowly filling your body with warm, happy energy, like water filling up a glass.
This way, you’ll feel renewed with fresh energy, and hopefully all your anxiety and worry have been replaced with a serene feeling of relaxation.
9. Now, once you finally take a few final deep breaths, slowly open your eyes and your should feel as relaxed as this baby owl.
Read more: http://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowry/heres-how-to-chill-the-f-out-in-under-10-minutes